Artificial Intelligence is intelligence demonstrated by machines, in contrast to the natural intelligence displayed by humans and animals.This machines mimic “cognitive” functions that humans associate it with human mind such as “learning” and “problem solving”.
Therefore, basically Artificial Intelligence can be defined as the study of ‘Intelligent Agents’ that is any device that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chance of successfully achieving its goals.
An Artificial system composes of an agent and its environment.An agent is anything that can be viewed as:
Perceiving its environment through sensors and
Acting upon its environment through actuators.
Also Read: 4 Cost Effective Online Marketing Strategies For Startups
Types of Artificial Intelligence Agents
Simple Reflex Agent:It act only on the basis of the current percept. It is functional when the environment is fully observable.
Model-Based Reflex Agent:It functional by finding a rule whose condition matches the current situation.
Goal-Based Agent: It allows the agent a way to choose among multiple possibilities selecting the one which reaches the goal state.
Utility-Based Agent: It choose actions based on a preference (utility) for each state.
Learning Agent: It act with basic knowledge and then able to act and adapt automatically through learning.
This Agent has four conceptual components they are:
I. Learning Element
III. Performance Element
IV. Problem Generator.
Everyday Examples of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
1. Google’s AI-Powered Predictions: Using anonymized location data from Smartphones, Google Maps can analyze the speed of movement of traffic at any given time.
2. Commercial Flights: It uses an AI Autopilot.
3. For E-mail: It is used in Spam Filters and Smart E-mails categorization ; to categorize your e-mails into primary, social and promotion inboxes ,as well as labeling e-mails as important.
4. For Grading and Assessment: Examples are;
i. Plagiarism Checkers.
5. For Banking Personal Finance: Examples are;
i. Mobile Check Deposits.
ii. Fraud Prevention.
iii. Credit Decisions.
6. For Social Networking: Facebook, Snap chat, Instagram etc.
Advantages of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
1. Reduction in Human Error such as in Weather Forecasting.
2. Takes risks instead of Humans; e.g AI-ROBOT.
3. Always available unlike humans that can worn off.
4. Helping in Repetitive Jobs; e.g Using AI cognitive Automation for verifying documents .
5. Digital Assistance.
6. Faster Decisions.
Disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
1. High costs of creation.
2. Making Humans Lazy.
3. Unemployment replacing human interference.
4. No emotions.
5. Lacking out of Box thinking.
In Conclusion;Every new invention or breakthrough of Artificial intelligence (AI) will have both advantages and disadvantages but humans need to take care of that and use the positive sides of the invention to create a better world.
But still, none of the AI applications made at the scale that can destroy or enslave humanity if properly handled.
Thanks for reading……